Woodledge Club is currently seeking applications from a fun, energetic, experienced individual who could lead our 2020 Swim Team! Please send your resume, credentials and a short blurb about yourself to our Employment Secretary email@example.com
- Hold a preseason meeting with members
- Attend all league meetings
- Promote and encourage participation in club teams
- Initiate parental involvement
- Promote team spirit and sportsmanship
- Be prepared for all practices and meets
- Start all practices and meets on time
- Be a positive role model
- Act with maturity and respect
- Organize and coordinate assistant swim team coaches
Swim Team Practices:
- Make practices fun to encourage more member participation
- Attend practices
- Start and finish all practices on time
- Return all equipment used during practice times and during meets to designated location at pool club
- Answer all parent’s questions and concerns honestly and in a timely manner
- Be prepared for all practices
- Know, understand and continually evaluate participant’s abilities
- Practices should be run in a safe and responsible manner
Swim Team Meets:
- Attend all meets, trials and championships
- Be on time and prepared for all home and away meets
- Ensure appropriate and responsible behavior at all home and away meets
- Act in a mature manner, you are a representative of Woodledge Club, Inc.
- At home meets, set up for meet, welcome away team and clean up after meet
- At away meets, clean up area where Woodledge Club team sat and make sure all members have transportation home. Do not leave until all team members have departed
- Maintain swim records and notes for future reference
- The Swim team coach (STC) will be responsible, on a weekly basis to report to the Pool Manager updates covering the past week’s activities and the pending week’s activities to include the swim team and any other information deemed important to report.
- The Swim Team Coach will have current CPR and first aid certification.
- Answer members’ questions and address their concerns in a timely and respectful manner. Any question which you cannot answer or do not feel comfortable in answering, direct to the Club Manager or Employment Officer.
- Attend the Board Meetings in June, July, and August if requested by the board.
Terms of Employment:
- First day of Glastonbury summer vacation through Swim Team Championship Meet.
- Monday-Friday beginning practice time to end of swim team practice sessions. Practice schedule is to be determined by the Woodledge Club Board. Either Swim Team Coach or assistant coach(es) will be available for afternoon practices to be determined by the coaches based on the previous swim team seasons.
- Salaried Position