Woodledge Youth Tennis Team
Congratulations to our tennis team for winning the Wes Clark summer league championship for the third consecutive year (2015-2017)! Go Whales!!!
The Woodledge Youth Tennis Team (Varsity/JV) offers an environment for fun, friendly competition with an emphasis on skill building. The tennis team is offered to all youth members who are able to serve from the service line, and are interested in challenging themselves with match and tournament play.
- Matches with local tennis clubs are scheduled from mid June thru July.
- Practices for the Varsity and JV teams are scheduled Monday thru Thursday 1-3pm. Supervision and on-court instruction are provided by the Woodledge Tennis Assistants under the direction of the Tennis Director.
- Team registration fees are $15 per child with a family max of $30 per family. All fees must be received by June 15th in order to participate.
- Team members are required to attend practices to be considered for match line up.
Sign up for Tennis Team will begin at the annual Tennis / Swim Team pasta supper.
All youth interested in participating on the team are STRONGLY encouraged to sign up for preferred matches as early as possible.
Players will be considered for each match based on the following:
- Match sign up no later than 2 days prior to the match.
- Ladder ranking established during practice sessions (each player will be given one "bye" for missing a scheduled ladder match, thereafter you forfeit your current ranking).
- Must have attended a minimum of 2 practices in the week leading up to the scheduled match (Make up sessions at a different time may be scheduled at the discretion of the Tennis Director).
*** The Tennis Director will have final say in determining the line up, taking into consideration the above 3 items and offering each team member an opportunity to experience an inter club challenge. The line up will be posted the morning of the match for viewing.
Tennis Team Rules & Regulations
- The team listed first on the schedule is the home team for varsity.
- The matches will be approximately from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. on the dates provided.
- The teams hosting the match will provide balls for the matches.
- Junior varsity matches will be at the opposite location of the varsity match on the same day and time. These players can play both singles and doubles – one set with tie-breaker at 5-All.
- The varsity matches will consist of 6 singles matches and 3 doubles matches.
- The top 6 players will play eight-game pro set of singles.
At 7-All, play a 12-point tie-breaker.
Players 7 thru 12 will play doubles, also an eight-game pro set.
Matches will be cancelled by 11:00 a.m. on the day of the tournament due to bad weather, etc. Drivers and parents will be notified as soon as possible if a match is cancelled. Matches may be rescheduled at a later date.